Alright, so I never really thought I would be one of those who share recipes; for two reasons – I hate cooking and I bake only when I feel like having a not-so-creamy home baked cake.
You will see me in the kitchen, apart from times that I making tea or instant noodles!
But I do have a fascination with quick bake recipes that I often find on the internet. While some of them say it takes just a few minutes of your time, there are a few that actually take ‘very less time’.
I’m on a health drive these days and am trying to lose a few kgs. I mean, I’m always trying to look for things that let me binge without feeling too guilty about it later – case in point being, PANCAKES.
Here’s a quick recipe I found that you could try for breakfast or mid-day snacking –
APPLE CINNAMON OATS PANCAKES
View this post on Instagram
Sunday breakfast special 💁🏼 Apple cinnamon oats pancake🥞with lots and lots of strawberries 🍓🍓🍓🍓 Experimenting with a healthier style of pancakes 🥞🥞 . . . . . . . . . . @kitchen.discovery . . . . . . . . . . #sunday#sundaymorning#sundayfunday#sundayvibes#sundaybreakfast#pancakes#pancakestack#pancakesunday#foodie#foodporn#healthyfood#healthyeating#healthyrecipes#recipes#madebyme#strawberries#yummy#yummyfood#yummylicious#fruits
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
- 1 Apple
- Cinnamon powder
- 1 Egg
- 2 TBSP Melted Butter
- 1 TSP Vanilla Essence
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Oats (Flakes / Powdered)
- 2 TSP Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- Peel the apple and cut it into circular rings – keep in mind that you need to remove the centre part of these rings to avoid the seeds.
- Coat them with a bit of cinnamon powder and keep the preparation aside.
- Take a bowl, add the egg, melted butter, essence and milk to it. Whip till completely blended together.
- Add 1 cup of oats to the above mixture (flaky or powdered, that’s your choice).
- Add 1/2 TSP – 1 TSP of cinnamon powder, 2 TSP baking powder and a pinch of salt to the mix. Make sure you whip it all together to form a somewhat thick, yet flow-y batter – not too thick and definitely not too watery.
- Pre-heat a pan with a bit of oil (of your choice) on it.
- Dip the apple rings in the oats mix you have made, and put it on the pan for cooking. Make sure you’re doing this on low heat to avoid your pancakes getting burnt!
- Well, once your pancakes are done – TIME TO EAT! 😀
Since the pancakes will have a taste of apple cinnamon, yet be a little bland because of the oats, you can choose to serve them with the following sides:
- Vanilla ice cream, cinnamon powder and maple syrup
- Maple syrup and strawberries
- Honey and strawberries
- Chocolate sauce and strawberries
What did we choose?
Well we experimented with honey and strawberries, and then chocolate sauce and strawberries. If you’re wondering how filling this was, well having it at around 8:30 am had me pretty full till noon.
I am not sure how well I have jotted down this little experiment, since it is my first try at logging my kitchen experience. But I hope they turn out as yummy for you! 🙂
If you have any questions, do let me know in the comment section below!