For all those who are following my posts, sorry for overdoing pancakes lately. It’s just that I’m trying out different variations of things I can have for breakfast, without ruining all the hours I spend at the gym or compromising on the taste.
Yes, I’m the taste person and I can barely chow down a salad. It’s just not my cup of tea!
Last weekend, I experimented with a healthier version of pancakes – apple cinnamon oats. This week I went ahead and decided to use the bananas in the fridge before they got ruined – like they do every time. 😛
BANANA OATS PANCAKES
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 4 Eggs
- Baking Powder
- 1 Cup of Oats
- Cinnamon Powder (optional)
1. Take the ripe bananas and chop them into smaller pieces.
2. Take two eggs and break them into a mixi jar. Put the ripe bananas into the same.
3. Add 1/2 TSP of baking powder along with some cinnamon powder (you can skip the cinnamon if you want).
4. Add 1 cup of oats to the above. Pretty sure your jar feels like it is going to be used to make a smoothie by now!
5. Pulse till you get a batter consistency. In case it is too runny, feel free to add some more oats – a little more of healthy will do no harm. 😉
6. Pre-heat a pan with a bit of oil (of your choice) on it.
7. Using a ladle or a small measuring cup, pour the above mix on the pan. Use the back of the spoon to spread the batter into a circle.
8. Now watch the pancakes fluff up into yummies – make sure you give them enough time to cook from both sides, but don’t end up burning them.
Since you’re not using flour, they pancakes will turn slightly browner while cooking – so be patient and always do it on low heat.
While they might not look the best of pancakes you have seen (I am not a frequent baking or cooking person), they sure were a success – well, they were mommy approved!
We enjoyed the pancakes with honey and strawberry again this time – because, it is the season for strawberries! Gotta’ enjoy them while they’re around. 😉